Saturday, March 13, 2010

6.1 Just books, no faces.

Weird few days.

I succeeded on Monday & Tuesday but failed in my spend-no-money project on Wednesday, having to buy something to eat so I didn't starve in the 8-5 time block in which I wouldn't be home. Then I bought a dollar shake, 'cause it was shake day, then I went to Senior Night at the Pub, and there was a pitcher of beer and an attractive stranger and a walk home and my brain has been less apt at focusing since then. I need Dick Cheney to shoot me in the face and knock a little sense into me so I can get back on track. It's finals week.

Which makes now a very, very good time to spend three days with no Facebook. I need all work and no play and to be a dull girl. I need the grounding influence of words like nationalism, ethnicity, ideology. I need Nietzsche and Kafka to take me by the hand and show me very creepy things and force me to analyze them.

But first, I need to eat breakfast.

No comments: