Friday, March 5, 2010

4.3 Run run run run run run run run run.

Yes, that's from a song.

It turns out that working out is not so bad. It takes 40-50 minutes out of my day (walk to gym, run 10-15 minutes, walk back, shower) which is readily available most days and is a better way to spend your time than Facebooking. It re-energizes but also calms me. I am hot from working out and I cool down with the shower. My muscles get used, and then relax. They held up better today, although I couldn't quite make it the whole mile yet again; a huge cramp in my side took over and I ignored it for a while, and then couldn't. I missed about .05 miles. Then I felt bad so I added them at the end.

Also I feel better about eating cookies.

I plan to go to the gym again tomorrow even though it's the fourth day. I have a ton planned for tomorrow so I can't start something new; this is my concession. I'm also thinking of generally taking a day off in between each set of three days. Lately I'm not having time for intensive things and my thoughts are consumed with stuff they should actually be consumed with. I am making interesting strides in other ways, and trying new things.

Now I might read a little for fun and sleep.

The Verdict:
  • Exercise is not fun unless you have an iPod. Everything that is fun about it doesn't have much to do with the actual activity. But the pay-offs are good anyway, mental or otherwise.

1 comment:

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.