Sunday, February 28, 2010

3.1-3.2 Working for the weekend

Goal: 5hrs/day of working exclusively on my BA. No distractions.

Friday I pulled off two and a half hours before I had to go to a play, and yesterday I pulled off all five, resulting in a glorious eight pages. I decided to celebrate by going to a party--I would go for a little while, I reasoned, and then come home, eat some ice cream and watch "An Education." Except turned out it was a really good party and I wanted the socialization, so cut to me interrogating this French guy named Basile and then seeing and talking to everyone from the Weekly and from the Pune program and discussing all matter of things with this group of guys in the kitchen and then walking/running home at 2am. Horrific hangover today. Add rum and sparkling white wine to the list of drinks I should not drink in concert.

Anyway, here's what I can say: work is significantly easier to do if you break it into time segments. I timed myself by setting the alarm on my clock for an hour at a time, and it's so easy to talk yourself into another hour or thirty minutes or twenty minutes when you get into the project and get a feel for how time passes. Seriously. Do this. Try it. Increase your productivity.

Alright, back to hungover work for me.

No comments: